2/25/2013 - Club: Lawrenceburg
Click here to see the video of this presentation. The Lawrenceburg Kiwanis Club was founded in 1953. John Morris has been a dedicated member throughout its entire 60 year existence. He often tells about the first annual pancake day, and how they charged 25 cents per ticket (which now sells for the bargain price of five dollars).
As part of celebrating the club’s 60th birthday, as well as celebrating Mr. Morris’s 60 years of service, John became the newest member of the George F. Hixson Fellowship. The is the highest honor within Kiwanis International, named after the first Kiwanis International president. As part of this award, $1,000 was donated to the Kiwanis Eliminate Project in John’s honor, which is devoted to eliminating maternal and neonatal tetanus worldwide.
He was surprised with this award on February 26, 2013 at the weekly Kiwanis meeting, with Paul Plant as the presenter, and with John’s wife and two of his daughters in attendance.